Thursday, July 24, 2014

hello everyone, nice to meet you

hello everyone this is my first post on my brand new blog.

my name is jake and this is my very own tea blog. the name of it took several days for me to come up with. i'll be focusing on aged oolongs during the first few weeks of its life. i'll also dabble in yancha and gaoshan oolongs. hope you enjoy reading this blog for many years to come. i'll capitalize my later posts, i promise. but right now this is a casual note, from me to you. i hope that i can educate and make new friends through this blog.

right now i'm drinking a lishan light roasted oolong from the late origin tea. it's a shame that he shut down but another one of my favorite teas, the shanlinxi concubine oolong from eco-cha has a very similar flavor profile, as this is a relatively low elevation lishan (~1800m), which can taste very similar to a shanlinxi oolong. they're also at similar oxidation and roast levels. while i'm sipping on this tea, i'm listening to the album Madvillainy by Madvillain. not exactly traditional chinese music, but to me it's pretty relaxing and it puts me in a happy place. it's my comfort album and gaoshan is a comfort tea :)

thanks for reading, reader.

drinking teas: the blog
7/24/2014 10 PM EST -

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading your posts! I really loved the concubine oolong from Eco-Cha too. Delicious stuff and a great company too.

    P.S. You should add a way for tea vendors to get in touch with you in case they ever want to send samples. Blogger has a contact form widget that you can put in the side bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole! Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it. I added the contact form, thank you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete